Hier kommt alles rein zum Basisfahrzeug, Motor, Getriebe, Fahrwerk und Führerhaus
Antwort schreiben

Rear brakes problem.

26.10.2021, 18:30

Hello,
I have a problem with the rear brakes. The pads are oiled.
Is it possible for differential oil to enter the drums?
Thank you in advance.

26.10.2021, 20:59

Hi Jack,

yes, it is possible, because the bearings of the axle are using the differential-oil. If the seal-rings are worn out it will be difficult to replace them. Mercedes took care that the oil will not come on the brake-pads. Therefore they designed the bracket für the seal that way, that oil will not spoil in the brake-drum and come out through an hole on the innerside of the brake-plate.
Normally the problem is the loss of brake-fluid! First take a look at the brake-cylinders. Replacement ist very cheap (about 10€/piece... you should have always some in spare ;-)).

Please give a report.

Peter

28.10.2021, 19:30

Hello,
the leak was not from the brake calipers.
I went to a car repair shop and they explained to me,
that the drive shaft bearing seals are worn out and must be replaced.
I got a call today that it was ready. I went to get it, but was unpleasantly surprised that they also changed the bearings on the drive shafts. What annoyed me a lot was that they replaced them with some world-Unfamous Chinese ones.
Here it is.
Peter, do I understand you correctly that there are some openings in the drum (or in the differential) that serve for drainage (ventilation)?
All the best.
Jack
Antwort schreiben

Hosted by iphpbb3.com
Beliebteste Themen: Bau, Kleinanzeigen, Erde

Impressum | Datenschutz