Rear brakes problem.

Hier kommt alles rein zum Basisfahrzeug, Motor, Getriebe, Fahrwerk und Führerhaus

Rear brakes problem.

Beitragvon jack » 26.10.2021, 18:30

Hello,
I have a problem with the rear brakes. The pads are oiled.
Is it possible for differential oil to enter the drums?
Thank you in advance.
jack
Mitglied
Mitglied

Beitragvon peterb » 26.10.2021, 20:59

Hi Jack,

yes, it is possible, because the bearings of the axle are using the differential-oil. If the seal-rings are worn out it will be difficult to replace them. Mercedes took care that the oil will not come on the brake-pads. Therefore they designed the bracket für the seal that way, that oil will not spoil in the brake-drum and come out through an hole on the innerside of the brake-plate.
Normally the problem is the loss of brake-fluid! First take a look at the brake-cylinders. Replacement ist very cheap (about 10€/piece... you should have always some in spare ;-)).

Please give a report.

Peter
Arnoldfahrer seit 1994; RM35S Bj.80 (2012-2017), RM38L Bj.82 (1994-2023; unser erster nach langer Suche) und RM40 Bj.84 (seit 2016; so gut wie fertig und ständig damit unterwegs...).
Admin http://www.Arnoldfreunde.de und http://G607-Gaspruefungen.de
peterb
Administrator

Beitragvon jack » 28.10.2021, 19:30

Hello,
the leak was not from the brake calipers.
I went to a car repair shop and they explained to me,
that the drive shaft bearing seals are worn out and must be replaced.
I got a call today that it was ready. I went to get it, but was unpleasantly surprised that they also changed the bearings on the drive shafts. What annoyed me a lot was that they replaced them with some world-Unfamous Chinese ones.
Here it is.
Peter, do I understand you correctly that there are some openings in the drum (or in the differential) that serve for drainage (ventilation)?
All the best.
Jack
jack
Mitglied
Mitglied

Ähnliche Beiträge

Zurück zu Basisfahrzeug, Fahrwerk und Antrieb